Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fleeting and finite the dregs of time

Great Grandma Daniels and her boys
Reservoir Hill, long long ago

FLEETING & FINITE

Long ago when my heart was light,
When my hopes were high and my future bright,
The summer sun cast a glorious light
And the moonlight was kind and forgiving.

There my life was a joy to me.
I envisioned time as an endless sea,
Flowing on to eternity
And love came as easily as living.

Now each hour is a precious prize,
Lost to time as each minute flies,
Fleeting away now before my eyes,
Like the petals of last season’s flowers.

Gone today is the joy sublime;
Gone the sweet and melodious rhyme,
Fleeting and finite the dregs of time,
And the decades have dwindled to hours.

Shannon Thomas Casebeer

February 12, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment