Thursday, October 11, 2012

Greetings Fellow Earthlings!


Mark Twain said, “There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.”  This does not speak well for statistics.  Nonetheless, I’d like to discuss a few.  My blog has just reached what I consider to be a significant milestone.  My wife actually considers my blog a millstone, but enough about romance.  I began posting to my blog in December of 2010, about two years ago.  As of this week, it has received over 11,000 pageviews from all around the world. Following is the breakdown as per Google statistics:
United States
6703
Russia
1627
Germany
356
Ukraine
355
United Kingdom
292
France
141
Canada
138
Latvia
101
Brazil
49
Netherlands
39

It may be that I’m simply easily entertained and a bit narcissistic, but I find this fascinating.  The thought that my photographs, poetry, musings and partisan rants have reached fellow earthlings all over the planet is both astonishing and strangely gratifying. I’d like very much to become better acquainted with these citizens of the globe who have taken time from their busy schedules to appreciate my humble efforts.  Faced by the evidence that someone actually visits this remote outpost, I feel increased responsibility to see that my postings better warrant their time and efforts.  So, realizing fully that my facebook pages, email address and website are already easily accessible from this site, I will repost my contact information here, in the hope that some of you may feel free to contact me so that we can determine our mutual interests, and I can concentrate future posts on those topics which you and I have in common. Thanks for your patience; thanks for your time and thanks for your kind attention.
Cordially,
Shannon Thomas Casebeer
www.shannoncasebeer.com

And please, don't forget to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment