Friday, October 18, 2013

UP ON THE HILL

Up on the hill where the pines grow dense
Where the fields are green and the sky immense
 Scatter one day my last remains                                                  
To be drawn in the earth by the gentle rains.
Gladly did I tread this place
With the gentle breeze upon my face,
A faithful dog for company,
And benevolent sun beaming down on me.
Thank the Lord for the time we had
When rest was blessed and toil was glad,
When joyous hearts rejoiced in truth,
And we shared our hopes and dreams and youth.
Look to the heavens bright and blessed;
See me satisfied, caressed;
Know at last I’m free from care,
My dust is here, but my spirit there.

10/18/13
SC


                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment