Friday, October 11, 2013

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

During a visit with an acquaintance, I enquired about her political leanings.  I was told that her husband was a staunch conservative and a lifelong Republican. She went on to say that she had been a Democrat when she arrived in Howell County, but soon realized she would be better accepted by the community if she became a Republican. This feat she had evidently accomplished.  I too arrived in the Ozarks as a Democrat, but have never succumbed to the temptations of conversion.  My convictions are not so easily amended.  I’m an American, a Christian, and a Democrat.  My true and irrevocable conviction is to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God, and to vote and do everything else humanly possible to support the right and freedom of others to do likewise.  As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.  SC

No comments:

Post a Comment