Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Spirits of all three shall live within me.


Best and happiest of all, the
Time before him was his own, to change
his wrong ways!
‘I will live in the past, the present, and
the future!’ Scrooge repeated, as he was
getting out of bed. ‘The Spirits of all three
shall live within me. Oh Jacob Marley! God
bless Heaven and Christmas time for this!
I swear it on my knees, old Jacob, on my
knees!’
He was so happy and so shining with good
intentions that the tears on his cheeks were
now tears of joy. For the first time in a very
long time he looked to the future with hope
in his heart.
‘I don’t know what to do!’ cried Scrooge,
laughing and crying in the same breath. ‘I
am as light as a feather; I am as happy as
an angel; I am as merry as a schoolboy, a
Merry Christmas to everybody! A Happy
New Year to all the World!’
CHARLES DICKENS

No comments:

Post a Comment