Wednesday, December 4, 2019

I woke up still not dead again today.


Many people feel duty bound and inexplicably qualified to tell us exactly what will happen when we die. They’ve read a book by someone who claims to know. Having never died myself, I can’t claim to be an expert. I can’t share any firsthand experience. I can share what for me is a comforting thought.


ETERNITY


Seeing no one, I reached out anyway, velvet black silence consuming me; motionless, oppressive, and uninterrupted. The only sound, the last labored beating of my own feeble heart. And then, from beyond the desolate void that enveloped me, a firm hand joined unexpectedly with mine. My pulse no longer relevant, my last breath expelled, a rush of reassurance filled my soul, a warm embrace, and eternity took me in.  SC


No comments:

Post a Comment