Thursday, January 14, 2016

FORGIVE MY PLAGIARISM


My immediate family will be the first to tell you, I am not a minister.  There are those who might disagree, but it seems counterproductive to debate the issue. In any case, in recent months I find myself in circumstances conducive to frequent and fervent conversations with the Lord. There are those who contend that the Lord’s Prayer was intended only as a template from which to compose our own spiritual conversations. While I wouldn’t disagree with that, it seems likely to me that God would forgive our plagiarism, being heartened instead that we have taken his words to heart. Based on that belief, I have taken two Biblical Prayers and stitched them together with a favorite scrap of scripture; in order to have something on hand that I can recite easily from memory on those occasions when I find it comforting to do so. I share it here in the belief that it can’t possibly do any harm.

“Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.” Mathew 6:9-13 “Oh, that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, and that thine hand would be with me, and keep me from evil, that I might not cause pain.” First chronicles 4:10 Guide me, strengthen me, and use me in thy service lord, that I may, “do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly” with you, through Christ. Amen SCad us not into temptation,


No comments:

Post a Comment