Friday, August 26, 2011

SMILE LIKE YA MEAN IT, AND BREATHE

It’s alright; I know.  It wasn’t your fault.
Yesterday was a hard day.  They shouldn’t have said those things.
It won’t help to rehash it, over and over and over. Let it go. 
My friend Adam took this photo.  This place actually exists.
Regardless of what happened yesterday; this photo captures the real world.
Hang onto it; slip into it.  Don’t let yesterday rob you of life’s magic.
Close your eyes now and visualize this place,
Or any of a thousand spectacular places you’ve seen.
Close your ears and listen.  Hear the water?  Feel the spray?
Can you smell those trees and the breeze coming off the mountain?
Tighten your neck and shoulder muscles, tighter, tighter, tighter, and release.
Now inhale deeply; deeper, deeper, deeper, and blow it all out.
Relax. Life is hard enough. Don’t make it worse by reliving meaningless moments.
Today is special, and today won’t come again.
Don’t waste it, and don’t let yesterday ruin it.
Fill today with good things; share it with others and never refuse affection.
Fill yourself with special moments; forget the rest, smile like you mean it;
And breathe.

S. T. Casebeer
August 26, 2011 


A personal note:  I know this sounds silly,but try it.  All my life I believed that on those occasions when I was smiling, I was smiling because I was happy.  You know what I've realized?  I was happy, because I was smiling!  Try it and let me know what you think.  Regardless of what's going on around you, take a deep breath, smile, and see what happens.
STC 

No comments:

Post a Comment