Saturday, November 24, 2018

My hole life, for the price of a cup of coffee.




                             Here’s another selection from my new book,
“GLAD DAYS LONG AGO”
It’s basically my reminiscences; my whole life in a nutshell.
I guarantee that it will make you smile.
The ebook is about the same price as a cup of coffee,
Cheers!  


SUNSETS

I remember Ferris wheels
And sharing cotton candy,
Walking barefoot hand in hand
Along a beach that’s sandy,
Afternoons on inner tubes
With sunshine on my shoulders,
And the smell of roasting hotdogs
As a stone lined campfire smolders.
I remember sleeping on air mattresses gone flat,
Ballgames in the meadow,
And the cracking of a bat;
Kool-Aid on the running board
Of Granddad’s little Ford,
And popcorn at the theater
With that gal that I adored.
I remember horseback rides
And summertime romances,
Chewing gum scented kisses,
And long, slow dances,
Moonlit walks with pretty girls
In soft gingham dresses,
Thoughtful talks on country roads,
And warm, moist caresses;
And I recall the dawning
Of an inescapable truth,
And reconciliation as the sun set on my youth.

Shannon Thomas Casebeer
                  








No comments:

Post a Comment