Saturday, October 28, 2017

Day by Day



I've been asked about the importance of faith in my daily life. Over fifty years ago, following a childhood bout with polio, I began following Christ.  I did not begin my walk with Christ with any real idea of where I was going.  I just set out to follow, day by day.  I’m not suggesting that the entire walk’s been easy.  My walk with Christ has provided countless blessings, but along the way I’ve faced struggles, I’ve sinned, and I’ve failed repeatedly.  I've been beaten down, and beaten down, and beaten down. Life’s trials and tribulations would have killed me long ago, if not for a revelation: I’m not responsible for each day’s results, or my ultimate destination.  I’m simply called to faithfully follow Christ, day by day, step by step, in the light each new day brings, and to share that light, should others choose to follow.  I’m called to “do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God.” The God of Abraham requires no more, and no less.  SC

No comments:

Post a Comment