Monday, December 5, 2016

Regardless of our circumstances, hope is a wise investment.  Hopes dividends invariably exceed its cost. 


During all the years since I first began working my acreage, back in the early ‘80s, I’d hear Dad pull cautiously from his yard on his four-wheeler, and putter down the dirt road toward my home.   As he approached the little wood frame house that he and I had built, he’d spot me in the yard and break out in his customary grin. That always made me smile and count my blessings. This afternoon, as I sat on our porch contemplating the approach of another Christmas, I heard a four-wheeler puttering down the lane.  My heart immediately leaped and quickly sank.  I knew it wasn’t Dad.  Dad passed away back in 2010. Still, I listened intently as the four-wheeler passed our gate. I couldn’t help but wish it was my dad. My head knew better, but my heart still hoped. According to the Bible, three things abide forever: hope, faith and love.  Regardless of our circumstances, hope is a wise investment.  Hopes dividends invariably exceed its cost.  SC

No comments:

Post a Comment