Sunday, May 29, 2016

reflection, welt fingering and contemplation


I marvel at young people today.  It seems evident to me that many fail to receive proper guidance from their folks. I received guidance from my dad on a regular basis.  Sometimes Mom reinforced Dad’s guidance with a willow limb applied lovingly to the sensitive skin behind my boney knees.  Then I was encouraged to sit quietly in my room for a time of reflection, welt fingering and contemplation. Dad provided beneficial enlightenment regarding the pursuit of young ladies too. “Chase girls to your heart’s content,” Dad always said. “Chasing girls is rousing sport, first-rate exercise and good clean fun. But write this down and remember it well, Son, catching girls invariably has consequences.”   SC  

No comments:

Post a Comment