Saturday, September 21, 2024

Once we let Truth, Justice, & Freedom slip away, little else will matter.

Lord willing, in a few months, I'll celebrate another birthday. Throughout my long life, our country has made slow, arduous progress, two steps forward & one step back, two steps forward & one step back... With the fast-approaching election, every bit of that hard-won progress is at risk. I marvel at those who either don't understand, or don't care. Once we let Truth, Justice, & Freedom slip away, little else will matter. Please, vote Blue. SC

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to do this Shannon. My assessment of the welfare of the human race and the planet on which we live undergoes constant revision as I encounter and absorb news of developments on the hourly. Often it overwhelms my ability to make sense of it all and I just have to step back, settle down , collect my wits and regroup, Adding your input to the mix is always helpful.
    You're a reliable sounding board for my thoughts and impressions.
    A couple of the things I picked up on this morning is that in terms of domestic developments, many people who have traditionally seen themselves as Republicans, both in and out of public service, are starting to come together to divest themselves of the sick and toxic personalities who have infected the GOP and the US government for a very long time.
    That's a reason for hope. Obviously US political culture in general has serious moral and ethical conflicts that effect all our lives. I am more hopeful this morning than I was yesterday and you've contributed to that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete